I am honored to be serving our neighborhood as President, once again. In the past few months, your Estates of Forest Creek Homeowners Association (EFC HOA) Board has been making plans to bring some fun events to the neighborhood and continue with our beautification plans for the entrances, medians and the bridge on our community’s unique main boulevard Hearst Castle Way.
While we talk about the big events and the beautification efforts often, there are also jobs that your HOA Board members are constantly doing behind the scenes. Your HOA Board members, keep the sprinklers repaired, deal with any electrical issues at the entrances and medians, welcome all new homeowners to our neighborhood, update the website, and many other things that may not be visible, but are an integral part of keeping our neighborhood a place to be proud of, and require the participation of neighbors paying dues.
Our 2017 annual HOA membership drive is in full swing. Thank you to those that have already paid. If you haven’t yet, I encourage you to take just a few minutes to Join/Renew right now on our community website. If you are renewing, simply log into the HOA Members Only portal to be able to review/edit your existing membership form information.
I want to say a special thank you to:
- All that helped us “Un-Deck the Walls” of our holiday decorations in January.
- Brandy & Chad Long, who kindly volunteered to host our HOA-sponsored 1st Quarter “Meet & Greet” in February at their home on Sagamore Court. It was so nice to see all the neighbors that came by.
Coming soon, your HOA Board is sponsoring three upcoming events that I strongly encourage all EFC residents to find the time to participate. Each is further highlighted elsewhere in this newsletter and posted to our website calendar. PLEASE SAVE THESE DATES!!!
- Our informal community 2nd Quarter Meet & Greet late Saturday morning April 29th. Thanks to Jack & Jeanne Gary who have volunteered to host this at their home on Hearst Castle Way.
- An educational presentation by the City of Plano on the Plano Tomorrow Comprehensive Plan. This plan will determine the future growth, development and redevelopment of our city, and we would like all of our neighbors to have a chance to learn more about this plan. The presentation will be at Wednesday evening at 7pm on May 3rd at the Davis Library. If you can join, please RSVP to me, at [email protected], so we can have an idea of the number attending.
- Our Spring Fling family-oriented social planned for late in the day on Sunday May 21st. Thanks go to Lynda & Jody Fish for leading coordination of this major community event. We have targeted holding this on the 90 degree cul-de-sac at intersection of Round Tree Way and Brodick Way, close to the center of our community. This event is always a good time. Bring your family, a lawn chair, share a favorite dish, and stay as long as you like. Enjoy the great food, entertainment and relaxed conversation with your EFC neighbors. The DJ always gets the kids and adults participating in the fun.
Each of the recent past and near future activities/events mentioned above is further detailed in this 1st Quarter 2017 newsletter and posted to our website Calendar. Highlights of past events are posted in our Neighborhood News section of our website.
2017 EFC HOA Board President