I want to begin by thanking everyone who supported The Estates of Forest Creek Homeowners Association (EFC HOA) in 2015. The year-end results were great, finishing the year with 270 households (62% participation) paying their dues, reversing a 3-year downward trend. This is a significant achievement!
Now, our 2016 HOA Membership Drive is upon us. Your household’s participation – each and everyone of you – does make a significant difference!
As I have said in the past the EFC HOA is a voluntary association that benefits all residents. While mandatory HOA membership would provide more consistent funding, it often leads to unreasonable restrictions for the residents. The fact that we are a voluntary HOA makes home ownership within EFC more attractive. Although voluntary, this doesn’t mean we are without support obligations to the HOA and our EFC neighbors.
We look forward to even greater HOA membership participation this year. For those of you that reside in our EFC community and have chosen not to participate over the years, I ask why?
- If you believe you do not benefit from the HOA I say this, “Home values are stronger and maintain themselves better in areas with an active HOA rather than those in areas without.”
- If you do not know why we need an active and fully funded HOA I say this, “More than 80% of our operating budget is dedicated to maintaining the Common Area Maintenance along Coit Road, the entrances at Hogan Manor and Hearst Castle as well as the median of Hearst Castle. Common Area Maintenance includes, electricity, water, and mowing. Your HOA does so to protect and improve home values and the beauty of the neighborhood. Everyone benefits from attractive neighborhood landscaping.”
- If you believe we should dissolve the HOA and have the City of Plano maintain the common grounds I say this, “Aside from the maintenance and upgrading of the common areas noted above, other things the HOA brings to you are Social Events, a recently launched website promoting the Estate of Forest Creek, Crimewatch and coordination with the City to resolve issues within the neighborhood. Also consider this, the city’s maintenance standards are minimal at best and will certainly be noticeable if your HOA wasn’t active in maintenance and improvements.”
- If you are not in a financial position to support your HOA with dues, “I say there are other ways to support your HOA. Consider volunteering.”
- If you just don’t care, “I have nothing to say. “
Over the years, the EFC HOA Board has made it a priority to maintain the membership fee of only $125 per year, which is one of the lowest in Plano. New this year though, with rising costs (particularly water), we can no longer hold the line at $125. Rather than increasing the dues across the board immediately, we have decided to:
- Hold the current $125 annual fee to all who promptly pay their 2016 dues by April 1, 2016.
- Apply the new $150 annual fee to all payments received after April 1, 2016.
With growing momentum by residents to support our HOA, our membership targets for 2016 are slightly higher than 2015. Our recently approved annual budget has a target of 291 Dues Paying Households / 67% Participation.
The increase will support the great plans the 2016 HOA Board has to build on past actions and make our EFC community a better place to live, benefiting each and every resident. Without the support of the residents like you, these plans will just be that, plans.
Please support your HOA and SAVE $25 by submitting your payment of $125 by 4/1/16.
You can pay and complete/validate your membership form data in any of the following 3 ways, whichever is most convenient to you:
- Visit our Website for fast, easy on-line processing. Click Here to do this NOW! Here you submit payment through our PayPal application to pay with either: (a) a personal PayPal account, or (b) via a credit/debit card of your choosing. Once submitted, the website will send you an email receipt. Or …
- U.S Postal Mail your check made out to “EFC HOA” and completed membership form (if any changes) to EFC HOA, PO Box 251271. Plano, TX 75025-1271. Or …
- Personally Drop Off your check made out to “EFC HOA” and completed membership form (if any changes) in one of the three designated HOA Board drop boxes located nearby within our neighborhood at: (a) 7501 Breakers Way, (b) 3616 Hearst Castle Way or (c) 3704 Gwinn Ct.
Thank You For Your Help in Transforming Our Neighborhood into a Community!
Frank Cassara, EFC HOA Membership Director