Family Sports & Fitness
Plano, Texas has a multitude of facilities and resources for indoor and outdoor athletics and fitness readily accessible to the Estates of Forest Creek neighborhood and residents.
- Plano Sports Authority (PSA) – the PSA was founded as a non-profit agency in December 1970 when the individual sports leagues incorporated to form one administrative youth sports organization. It provides quality year-round recreational sports leagues to all boys and girls who live within the Plano Independent School District and surrounding areas. The volunteer base of Sports Directors and coaches offers several different sports to over 60,000 kids annually. Those sports include: Martial Arts, Football, Baseball, Fast Pitch Softball, Volleyball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Track, Drill Team, Summer Camps, Soccer, and Rugby.
- YMCA – The Y makes accessible the support and opportunities that empower people and communities. With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y nurtures the potential of every youth & teen, improves the nation’s health and well-being, and provides opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
- Plano Parks and Recreation – The nationally accredited Plano Parks and Recreation Department is a key contributor of Plano’s reputation as a city of excellence. Parks and Recreation enhances the lives of residents and visitors by offering outstanding parks, trails and facilities, a variety of enriching programs, special events and activities that contribute towards the health, well-being and quality of life in Plano.
- 83 public parks spanning more than 4,000 acres
- 70 miles of paved trails
- 69 athletic fields
- 8 swimming pools
- 5 recreation centers
- 4 arts and cultural venues
- Pecan Hollow Golf Course and Grille
- High Point Tennis Center
- Athletic fields – the location of Plano’s many athletic fields, with and without nighttime lighting can be found here.
Our community is conveniently located near several private fitness facilities – some of the most popular include:
- Lifetime Fitness
7100 Preston Rd, Plano, TX
This healthy way of life destination offers indoor and outdoor pools, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, a full-service spa, a café that features a healthy diet, nationally renowned group fitness instructors and personal trainers, an indoor cycling studio and cutting-edge fitness equipment. Our programming aims to exceed your expectations, including swimming lessons, weight loss programs, kids activities, yoga and Pilates classes, squash and tennis leagues and lessons, organized runs, outdoor cycle rides and much more.
- 24 Hour Fitness
4600 West Park Blvd, Plano, TX 75093
This Plano health club offers a wide range of group exercise classes, personal training and a wealth of other benefits and features. Whether you plan to lose weight, tone-up, or train for a big event, our Plano club offers a wide variety of gym memberships which you can buy online or in-club.
- Texas Family Fitness
6205 Coit Road, Suite 205
At Texas Family Fitness, you can receive discounted family memberships so that you entire family can be healthy! Additionally, our month-to-month memberships make it so that you don’t have to worry about any long contracts. All we care about is that you achieve your fitness goals!